In the Kia Stinger’s brief two-yearlife-span, it has managed to established itself as a true competitor in thesport sedan segment with performance figures strong enough to embarrass itsGerman rivals. Wanting to push the levels of performance and style evenfurther, Kia’s team of engineers got back to work on their award-winning granturismo. The result is the new, special-edition 2020 Stinger GTS, with DynamicAWD technology.
The bright-orange, special-edition StingerGTS punches up its on-road prowess with a newly developed dynamic all-wheeldrive system (D-AWD). The D-AWD system has been tweaked to close the gap inbehavior between the AWD-equipped and RWD-equipped Stinger GT.
- Mechanical limited slip reardifferential is added to the D-AWD system
- Drive Mode Select amplifiesrear-biased dynamics
- Comfort mode sends 60 percentof power to the rear for feeling of stability
- Sport mode sends 80 percent ofpower to the rear for more spirited driving
- Drift mode sends up to 100percent of power to the rear wheels and holds gears without upshifting
- New Control Logic
- Slip Control and Counter SteerDetection
- Transmission Shift Pattern
Under the hood, the limited-run Stinger isequipped with a 3.3-liter V6 twin turbo engine; an engine that puts out 365horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque. Added performance isn’t the only thingworth noting about the limited edition Stinger. The limited edition fastbackalso includes:
- Headliner blanketed in premiumsuede-like Chamude®
- Steering wheel and centerconsole swathed in Alcantara®
- Center Stinger emblem replacesthe Kia logo on the trunk lid for more custom appearance
- GTS rear emblem
- Genuine carbon fiber parts thatoutline the signature tiger nose grille, side mirror caps and side vents
- Exclusive “Federation” premiumorange paint color
- 720-watt Harman/Kardon6 premiumaudio system with QuantumLogic7 and Clari-Fi8 signal enhancing technology
- A standard wireless charger forcompatible smartphones
- A standard sunroof
The special edition Stinger GTS sells in North America for USD44,000 for RWD and around USD47,000 for D-AWD. Kia has committed to limiting the production of the GTS to just 800 units and all in left hand drive only, so no units for Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region.