Here’s a quick look at what’s new on this Serena:
Adaptive LED Headlights
The new Serena debuts Adaptive LED Headlight System. These are a first for Nissan. They automatically detects oncoming vehicles using the Serena’s forward-facing camera and is able to individually deactivate each of the 12 LEDs in the headlight unit. This reduces high beam brightness in targeted areas and prevents from blinding oncoming drivers.
Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention & Blind Spot Warning
This helps to avoid collisions with vehicles approaching from behind in neighbouring lanes
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
RCTA senses approaching vehicles from the left or right when reversing and warns the driver.
This prevents the Serena from accelerating if the system detects an obstacle in its way.
New ProPILOT features and improvements
- optimised speed control with smoother braking
- improved ability to cope with changing surface inclination
- double V-motion
- new headlight design
- sharper accents on front bumper
- chin spoiler
Highway Star model
- more aggressive face
- V-motion theme starts lower on the bumper
- larger grille with unique chrome pattern
- Unique rear taillight design
- redesigned rear bumper
- 16″ aluminium wheels
Two New Colours
- Sunrise Orange
- Dark Metal Gray
Both can be optioned with two-tone paint (Diamond Black on the roof)
- updated instrument panel design
- new seat fabric
- optional waterproof seat covers
- Intelligent Rearview Mirror
- one touch auto-slide door
- a third row auto slide switch
- hands-free auto sliding doors
It’s worth noting that this is the Japanese Domestic Market Nissan Serena, so some of the equipment in here may already be in our version, while other equipment may never find its way here.
They’ve also got an e-POWER Serena there as well which is 100% electric witha small 1.2-litre HM12DE petrol engine serving as a range extender to charge up its batteries.