Mazda in Malaysia will be using the CX-5 Turbo introduction to upgrade their entire CX-5 range with added interior features.
They focused on improvements of a premium high-quality interior, refined powertrain and enhanced chassis.
Mazda’s best-selling vehicle, with over 2 million units sold worldwide
Here below are the 7 important features that you need to know about.
1.Delivering 250bhp of power and 420Nm of torque this 2.5L turbocharged Skyactiv engine boasts one of the highest compression ratios of any four-cylinder turbocharged engine, at 10.5:1, achieved through a series of innovative SKYACTIV technologies.
2. Drive dynamics is improved with G-Vectoring Plus (GVC Plus), an evolution in SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS that enhances vehicle stability through using the brakes to add direct yaw moment control for a more assured ride.
3. Also there is improved performance of front and rear dampers and stabilisers, directed at enhancing ease of control during low g-force manoeuvres and stability during high g-force manoeuvres.
4. New across the range is the inclusion of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard with this Mazda CX-5. By adding Apple® CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ as standard equipment, it allows the driver or passenger to connect their mobile device to the MZD Connect infotainment system. Via integration to steering wheel controls and voice activated commands, the user can send and receive calls and messages, listen to music, follow directions – all without compromising focus on the road ahead.
5. Styling and comfort have also been updated. More elegantly appointed inside, the range-topping version has been thoroughly revised, adding sumptuous Dark Russet Nappa leather trim, genuine wood dash and door inserts and a frameless rear-view mirror.
6. This CX-5 2.5L Turbo will accelerate in just 7.7 second from a 0-100km/h sprint.
7. The 2.5L’s safety equipment will be equal of, or better than, most luxury premium brands. Features include lane departure warning with steering assistance, radar cruise control, auto high-beam dipping, driver attention alert and rear cross traffic alert with braking.
With this 2.5-liter Skycactiv Turbo CX-5 which delivers 250 horsepower, this Mazda CX-5 now challenges the Mercedes GLA, Audi Q2 and the BMW X1 with a big price advantage.